Earlier this year, I turned my dining room into a permanent home office for my growing photography business. With the help of some wonderfully talented people, a boring, under-utilized room in my house was transformed into what I think is a beautiful and functional space. I'm so proud to share these photos, as well as the resources that helped make this project possible!
The overall renovation was guided by Pam Reaves of PR Consulting & Designs - a professional organizer/designer here in Little Rock. She was instrumental in listening to my needs and wants and helping pull a plan together to make it happen. Paint colors, flooring, lighting, furniture, office organization...I could not have done it without Pam.
After repainting the room, one of the first steps was ripping out old carpet and installing new hardwood floors. I cannot recommend TIG Flooring and our friend, Thiago Gontijo, highly enough. This is the second time we've worked with TIG Flooring, and they always exceed our expectations with service and price.
Before makeover, the dining room had chocolate brown walls and just a single light fixture. To brighten it up, we lightened the wall color and installed additional lighting. Our electrician friend Brian Knopp changed out the old overhead fixture, added an additional overhead fixture over the new seating area, and installed six can lights. The difference is remarkable!
We turned to the Container Store's elfa line for our organization solution. We ordered the components in the store and then installed them ourselves in a few hours. The shelves and drawers in this unit are functional and stylish.
One of the beautiful features of the office is a custom-made, sliding barn door to provide privacy from my kitchen area. Michael Minnie with Built by Michael crafted this gorgeous door, and it could not be more perfect. It was exactly what I envisioned when we started brainstorming ideas back in November.
As the office began to come together, I had a lot of fun picking out furniture and accessories to add the finishing touches. The sunshine yellow couch, which was an incredibly affordable find at walmart.com, may be my favorite.
- Paint color - Home Depot - Behr Marquee Chic Gray
- Flooring - Lumber Liquidators - Mayflower Cambridge Oak engineered
- Rug - Overstock - nuLoom Distressed Abstract Vintage Oriental Multi Rug
- Acrylic chairs - Hobby Lobby
- Couch - Wal-Mart - Modway Remark Loveseat
- Shelving - The Container Store - elfa shelving
- Barn Door - Built by Michael - custom
- Pillows - Hobby Lobby and Homegoods
- Coffee table & End table - Homegoods
- Lighting - Ikea - ALANG Ceiling lamp
- Curtains - Homegoods - Rodeo Home
- Upholstered Chair - TJMaxx
- Desk Chair - Amazon - Alera Neratoli Mid-Back Swivel